This is a pasta and vegetable mix, with a nice creamy cheese sauce. I have posted this as originally posted by Laurier Champigny in the cookbook "Cuisine a la Mode", but I like to add just a splash of white wine to the mix at the end.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 4 carrots, scraped and cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese or (8 ounce) package processed loaf cheese spread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried whole & crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Saute julienned carrot, zucchini, green pepper, and minced garlic in melted butter in a large skillet until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, half and half, and basil, stirring until cheese melts.
- Add reserved cooked pasta, and toss gently. Cook just until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh yum, this was great, totally my kind of dinner! Quick, everything on hand (more or less), very easy comfort food and tasted delicious! I did use rigatoni, not having farfalle, and I added the wine ;) Really enjoyed this and am having the leftovers for lunch, what a great pleasure :) Thank you breezermom, made and enjoyed for YUKU For Your ConsiderationReply
see 7 more