Vegetable Tagine With Apricots
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Low GI, low fat and diabetes friendly, this is a high fiber very heart healthy recipe. Australian Good Taste - June 2006. Recipe by Gemma Purcell.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 (7 cm) cinnamon sticks
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 375 ml vegetable stock
- 650 g butternut squash, deseeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 250 g green beans, topped, cut into 6cm lengths
- 100 g turkish dried apricots
- 100 g fresh dates, halved, pitted
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- plain Greek yogurt, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the carrot, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, paprika, cinnamon and saffron and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Add the pumpkin, beans and apricots. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Add dates, chickpeas and lemon rind and stir to combine.
- Spoon among serving bowls and top with coriander. Serve with yogurt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION