Vegetable Stew (Giambotta)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf (10 to 12 leaves)
- Heat a medium soup pot over medium heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, bay, chopped garlic and onions and let them sweat out while you prepare the rest of the veggies.
- Work next to the stove and drop as you chop, in order of longest cooking time: potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover and cook 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and add tomatoes and stock and cook 5 minutes more, to heat through.
- Turn heat off and stir in basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>