Vegetable Soup With Creamed Corn
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, halved, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 liter low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (420 g) can creamed corn
- 100 g baby squash, sliced
- 1 cup of english spinach, shredded
- cracked black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add leek and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes or until leek has softened.
- Add stock, creamed corn and squash, stir to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, simmer, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and pepper, remove from heat, stir until spinach has wilted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was searching for a low-cal soup and made this one today. I added a tsp of "club house" Spicy Spagetti Seasoning, and used the immersion blender to puree/thicken the soup. Both my daughter and I had seconds. I also portioned off two "left-overs" for lunch the next day. After a winter of "over-indulging" this fit the bill for us, thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm pretty much an awesome teenage chef who cooks while listening to the Smiths yo. And the occasional Pulp CD makes me create some pretty wacky meals.