Vegetable Omelet in Puff Pastry
- Ready In:
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 5 fresh eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, shopped
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup ricotta cheese
For Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 dashes white pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a large tart pan.
- Take a circular cut-out of pastry dough and lay it on the bottom of the pan so that it conforms to the pan and reaches up the sides.
- Whip together eggs and cream. Top the dough with egg/cream mixture. Add onions, spinach, peppers, zucchini, and cheese.
- Place another layer of puff pastry over the top of these ingredients and form a pouch around the filling. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler, whip egg yolks and lemon juice until the mixture has a custard like consistency. Add salt and both peppers.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and add it slowly to the mixture, whipping constantly.
- When the pastry is removed from the oven, cover it with Hollandaise sauce and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have 6 children 4 boys and 2 girl,ilove to cook and try lots of different foods,my real name is Britt and i live in louisiana i like to collect recipes,cookbooks,dolls,and angels,i just started having a intrest in teacups and teapots,i also like amish rag dolls.