MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Like a lot of recipes - the more you make this one the easier it becomes. This is my favorite dish - it is so delicious and the leftovers are great!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 medium summer squash, sliced 1/4 thick 3 medium zucchini, slcied 1/4 thick
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded diced
- 1 green peppers or 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large eggs (egg substitute will work)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (I use regular milk and sometimes even skim)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 cups stale French bread cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (reduced fat will work)
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 10 inch springform pan.
- (A 13 X 9 baking dish will work if you don't have a springform pan).
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, summer squash, zucchini, peppers and mushrooms and saute, stirring the vegetables until they are crisp-tender about 15-20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk the eggs and cream together in a large mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the bread cubes, cream cheese and swiss cheese.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and pack the mixture in tightly.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet to catch any drippings.
- Bake the frittata until firm to the touch, puffed and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- If the top is getting too brown, cover with aluminum foil while baking.
- Serve the frittata hot, at room temperature or cold.
- It can also be reheated in a 350 degree oven until warmed through about 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION