Vegetable Dutch Baby
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray, place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add slaw mix, onion, mushrooms, and both squashes. Saute 5 to 7 minutes or until vegs are tender. Stir frequently.
- Stir in black beans and next 5 ingredients (the seasonings). Keep warm.
- Place margarine in a 9 inch pie pan and heat in oven until melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, milk, and eggs; stir well and pour into prepared pie pan. Do not stir here.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Spoon veg mixture into shell and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minuted or until cheese melts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Really good, easy, quick and healthy meal. There would be a ton of ways to mix this up with whatever filling you have on hand. I added some broccoli, bell pepper and extra onion to the mix. As I was chopping all the veggies, I was thinking it wouldn't all fit in the pie pan, but they cooked down quite a bit and fit perfect. I'm still not sure how well we liked the addition of the black beans, but they kick up the nutrition, so I would add them again next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was very good! I used different veggies than in the recipe because of my picky eaters! I used onions, red peppers, garlic and petit peas. I didn't use the black beans. I added all the spices and some grated parmesan cheese to the egg mixture for more flavor...it worked perfectly! I think I'll use it as a pizza crust next time!