Vegetable and Tomato Casserole
Taken from a Heinz promo.
- Ready In:
- 2 blsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 300 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 (420 g) can mixed beans
- 1 (420 g) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, potatoes, celery and eggplant.
- Cook, stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and beans, soup and chillies.
- Also add 1/2 cup water, cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, season to taste.
- Serve with rice if desires.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this as a vegetarian dish for our Labor Day cookout, and it was a real hit! I doubled the recipe, made it earlier in the day, and only cooked it for 20 minutes. Later on, I put it in the slow cooker about an hour before serving -- the casserole finished cooking and it kept it at the right temperature so I could scoop it out into a bowl when it was time to eat. I used 4 tbsps.of olive oil, because the eggplant soaked up the first 2 tbsps. very quickly and the veggies started to stick to the pan. I also added a can of diced tomatoes -- for some more flavor of tomato and for extra liquid. I loved this -- and the addition of the chiles gave it just the right touch. I've noted this as a keeper for an easy and delicious casserole -- perfect for large gatherings.Reply