Vegemite Basted Chicken
o.k.... I dont post many recipes on zaar I havent already tried. BUT when it comes to Vegemite........ well I cant resist. And yes I will be trying this recipe from Kraft very soon!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Combine Vegemite and butter in a small bowl.
- Place lemon inside cavity of chicken. Secure legs and wings with string or skewers and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Brush with the combined mixture of Vegemite and butter.
- Bake chicken in an oven at 200°C, allowing 25 minutes per 500gr (1 hour, 15 minutes).
- Baste chicken at least twice during cooking with remaining Vegemite mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Obviously this is very simple (it only has 4 ingredients) but it's really quite good. It gave our chicken a more "meaty" flavour, beautiful colour and adding the pan juices to our regular gravy made them very deliscious. A vegemite hater wouldn't know what was in there, and I think this recipe would be great for a beginner cook not too adventurous with herbs, spices and seasonings.Reply