Vegemite Asian Prawns With Green Slaw
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegemite
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 500 g prawns, cutlets, green prawns & deveined
- 1⁄4 large green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 green capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mint, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup coleslaw dressing
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 20–30 minutes.
- Combine the coriander, Vegemite, chilli sauce, garlic, ginger and oils to make a marinade.
- Thread the prawns onto the skewers, brush well.
- with marinade and refrigerate for 30–45 minutes.
- Combine the cabbage, capsicum, apple, spring onions,.
- mint and dressing and refrigerate until required.
- B.B.Q. the prawns over a medium heat for about 5–6 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked.
- Spoon the slaw onto serving plates and top with the prawn skewers.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We're happy little Vegemites tonight thanks Tis cos our dinner was delicious. It was so simple to put together, but SO good. You wouldn't know it was vegemite in the marinade (you might suspect miso or soy sauce) but as we love it we loved it. The coleslaw is worth making on it's own too. Thanks so much for posting!