Vegan Zucchini Fritters
This is adapted from a Mark Bittman recipe. Delicious for breakfast!
- Ready In:
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons vegan egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the grated zucchini on a kitchen towel, wrap and squeeze or press out as much water as possible. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the vegan egg substitute and water - whisk together and add to the zucchini.
- Place all remaining ingredients in the bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan.
- Scoop out about 3 tablespoons of batter for each fritter and fry them 3 or 4 at a time over medium heat. Turn the fritters only once (they are very delicate) - total frying time about 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe worked well, except it needs a flavor boost. The texture and appearance were really good but the flavor was bland. I added salt and pepper to the batter but I'm thinking it needs more spice to liven it up. I followed the recipe exactly except I only used one large zucchini and it worked well. It made 8 patties and I ate all of them. Will definitely make again.1Reply