Vegan Tofu Scramble - Indian Spiced
This was my first attempt at a tofu scramble and it was awesome. We like a lot of heat in our food around here, so adjust the pepper and pepper sauce to taste. This meal is 100% appropriate for the 21 day Quantum Wellness Cleanse (Google it!)
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 500 g tofu, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tabasco sauce or other pepper sauce
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When hot, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the garlic, nutritional yeast and all the spices EXCEPT the salt. Sauté for 1 minute, adding a touch of oil if necessary.
- Add the pepper and mushrooms, sauté for 3 or 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tofu. Gently stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the tofu is completely heated through. Sprinkle the salt over all, stir through and serve.