Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this recipe on VeganWolf.com. Makes the equivalent of two 14 oz cans. Haven't tried it yet, but it could open up a world of options for vegan cooking. Posting for safe keeping.
- Ready In:
- Place the soy milk into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Heat the margarine in a separate pan. Add the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the hot milk mixture when the sugar has dissolved.
- Add a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Continue to boil gently, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes, or until it thickens a little.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool. The vegan condensed milk is now ready for use as wished.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Beware! Based on other recipes I was reviewing for Sweetened Condensed Milk, I didn't think this would work very well. So I went to veganwolf.com to check the original recipe. You don't use 3 cups of soy milk. You use 3/4 C water, and the same amount of powdered soy milk you would use to make 3 cups of soy milk. I ended up making another recipe entirely, but thought I'd pass this info along. Happy cooking!Reply