Vegan Soft Sugar Cookies
photo by VeganShelley
- Ready In:
- Cream margarine and sugar for about 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add mashed tofu and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture.
- You can either roll out the dough and use cookie cutters or make cookie dough balls and flatten the dough with your hand onto an ungreased cookie sheet. You want the dough to be almost the thickness you want your cookie because these don't rise much.
- Bake for around 10 mins in 350 degree oven.
- Note: You might need to adjust the flour a bit if the dough feels too wet. Also, these cookies aren't super sweet. If you like them that way, or if you aren't frosting them, you might want to add 2 more tablespoons sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These turned out amazing!!! My husband really enjoyed them and the new neighbor did as well!! I really didn't want to open a thing of tofu for just a couple tablespoons and we really weren't in the mood to eat the left over so I just used the same amount of applesauce which I had open & it turned out great!! Rolled them in cinnamon sugar & they are almost gone. Thanks!!!!