photo by ItsRainingFlour
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped topping (Rich's whip topping) or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer (or using a bowl and a hand held mixer), combine the margarine, sugar, and salt and mix on low-medium speed until combined. Then, add in the whip topping to the margarine mixture and mix on medium-low speed again. Slowly add one cup of flour in on low speed until combined. Repeat this step for the rest of the three and a half cups of flour.
- *Only add the last cup of flour if your dough is still sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap or cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead.
- Roll out the dough and cut into a rectangle.
- Cut large triangles down your dough.
- Variation #1: To make cinnamon ruglach, spread a thin layer of apricot jam over the dough triangles. Then spoon on the cinnamon-sugar. Roll up the dough.
- Variation #2: To make the raspberry jam rugalach, spread jam over the dough and then roll up.
- Bake both variations for 25-30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 1/2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I am an avid baker and love food! I produce a Youtube baking channel called "It's Raining Flour"!