Vegan Roasted Beetroot Dip
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- 4 cups raw beetroots (cut into chunks or when roasted makes about 3 cups)
- 1⁄8 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (or more for desired consistency)
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped jalapenos, might need less depending on the chilli (or more)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds (just over 3/4 tsp)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon roasted coriander seed (just over 3/4 tsp)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400°F.
- Toss beets in a little bit of cold pressed olive oil and a pinch of Celtic sea salt and bake for about an hour or until tender. Check them periodically to make sure they don't burn.
- Throw the beets into the food processor with all the cumin, coriander, salt, half the garlic, and half the chilli. Drizzle in half the olive oil and pulse until well combined.
- Add in the rest of the olive oil gradually to reach your desired consistency.
- Now taste and adjust the quantities of chilli, garlic and salt. This will depend on the heat of your chilli.
- Stir through chopped cilantro and serve with pita breads, ciabatta or chips. YUM!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!