Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are moist and fluffy, with a hint of molasses and warm spicy flavor. This recipes is for 6 jumbo muffins, if you want to make little muffins change the cooking time to 15-20 minutes.
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or from a can)
- 1 tablespoon soy yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tins with vegetable shortening or spray on oil.
- Sift together dry ingredients (flour through cloves).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (pumpkin through molasses).
- Pour wet into dry and combine.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful, versatile recipe! Dropped sugar amount to 3/4 cup. Have used all whole wheat flour with success! Didn't use the soy yogurt, but added in an extra Tbsp of pumpkin instead. I also tried doubling the recipe today, and baked in regular muffin tins (24 muffins) for approx. 20 minutes. They were perfect.1Reply
Absolutely delicious. My son is intolerant to soy so I used rice milk instead of soy. I omitted the soy yogurt and since I didn't have any molasses, I threw 2 tablespoons of brown sugar into the wet ingredients before mixing with the dry. I'm so happy to have found an eggless muffin recipe that is as delicious as a recipe with eggs would be. Woohoo!Reply
I subbed the molasses with agave nectar and only used 1/4 cup of sugar, adding another 1/3 cup of agave nectar instead of the remaining 1 cup sugar. I also used vanilla yogurt, very tasty. I got 18 regular-sized muffins,d one in 25 minutes. I usually don't like pumpkin breads (or Isa's recipes), but these were alright. Good way to get rid of some leftover pumpkin.Reply
see 23 more