Vegan Pressure Cooker Pasta Fagioli
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure, by Lorna J Sass.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried beans, soaked over night
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- Rinse and drain your soaked beans. Set aside.
- Heat oil in the cooker. Cook the onion until just beginning to soften - 2 minutes or so. Add the garlic and continue to cook another 30 seconds. Add the remaining veggies, dry spices, reserved beans and boiling water. Lock the lid in place.
- Bring up to high pressure. Reduce heat until just enough to maintain pressure. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and allow pressure to reduce naturally.
- Remove bay leaf. Stir in tomato paste and pasta. Continue cooking over medium high heat (not under pressure) for 7 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.Stir in the vinegar. Top each serving with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION