Vegan Overnight Scramble Burritos
- Ready In:
- 14 ounces tofu (preferably sprouted organic)
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olives or 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced (or 2 t dry basil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2⁄3 cup red pepper, diced (roasted or fresh)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 t garlic powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 8 -10 tortillas
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional) or 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- The night before, crumble the tofu into a mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients except the oil and tortillas.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight. (You can also cook it up immediately).
- In the morning, heat the oil in a pan. Cook the tofu for 5-7 minutes until very warm and slightly browned.
- Fill the tortillas, wrap and eat.
- Optionally, serve on toast or a bagel.
- Optional toppings: avocado, hummus, mixed greens, tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!