Vegan Middle Eastern Soup
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat oil and saute onions until brown.
- Add vegetables and spices. Pour enough water to barely cover the vegetables.
- Cover and let it to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add chickpeas, salt and pepper and cook another 15 minutes.
- Infuse love and serve with cilantro or parsley on top!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!