Vegan Lemon Cupcakes
- Ready In:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Combine milk with apple cider vinegar and set allow to "curdle.".
- 2. Add sugar, oil, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice and zest to milk mixture.
- 3. Sift dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients with whisk until smooth--don't overmix though.
- 4. Fill cupcake tins (lined with paper liners) 3/4 full.
- 5. Bake for 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have become very good at cooking without dairy or soy. My daughter is severely allergic to dairy so we've gone completely dairy free in our home and still manage to cook some amazing food. I have learned to appreciate food more as a result of these allergies and am probably a better cook because of it!