Vegan Lemon Buttercream
I used this to decorate my vegan lemon cupcakes. I got this recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, a very good lil cake book. I decorated my cakes with edible green glitter.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup soy margarine
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a small bowl cream shortening and margarine together until well mixed.
- Add the icing sugar in 1/2 cup additions. After each addition add a splash of lemon juice and beat well (this is easiest with hand held mixer). Add vanilla and beat for another 3-5 minutes until you have a smooth creamy and fluffy frosting.
- Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate until needed. Pipe or spread over cakes and refrigerate to set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION