Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
This frosting is GREAT. It has far less sugar than traditional buttercream frostings and has a better texture as well.Tint it any color you wish, decorate with sprinkles or just devour it straight from the bowl! The recipe came from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. It is perfect for topping my vegan chocolate cupcakes!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup vegan cream cheese, softened (Tofutti)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together margarine and cream cheese until just combined. Use a handheld mixer to whip while adding the confectioners' sugar in 1/2 cup batches. Mix until smooth and creamy, then mix in the vanilla. Keep tightly covered and refigerated until ready to use.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is the best I've come by. I made a few minor tweaks: 1/4 cup Kate Hill almondmilk cream cheese 1/4 cup earth balance original whipped vegan butter (I usually do soy free, but meh) 2 cups confectioner's sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp lemon juice It came out a *little* looser than I would have liked, but the taste is again AMAZING. most impressive icing recommendation I've come across in a while. I am currently refrigerating it to see if it will firm up a bit. cheers!Replies 1