Vegan Choc Chip Blondies (Healthified)
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄8 cup dark brown sugar (unpacked)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I use whole spelt flour)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (I use spelt flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (make sure theyre vegan)
- Puree the tofu, yogurt, water and applesauce until smooth and fluffy. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to vigorously mix in the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift in flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Use a spatula to mix batter until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to an 8X8 greased baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 325°F/150°C for 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let the blondies cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!