Vegan Chipotle Pasta Salad
photo by JillM
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 3⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce
- 1⁄2 cut thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Boil pasta according to directions and rinse with cold water after it has cooked.
- In a small skillet on medium low heat saute garlic and red bell pepper and 2 tsp oil untill peppers are slightly softened and garlic is aromatic; remove from heat.
- Put chipotle peppers and adobo sauce in food processor and pulse until it becomes like a paste and there are no large chunks.
- Chop celery, green onions, and cilantro.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl with the Veganaise.
- Stir and add salt to taste.
- Add additional peppers if you like more heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a recent vegetarian and working twords 100% vegan. I've found that's it's been easier than I anticipated because I love veggies.