Vegan Chili Sauce
After trying many different vegan/vegetarian chili recipes I decided to make my own. I wanted a wienerschnitzel's kinda chili to put on top of fries with cheese,veggie dogs, and soy burgers. It tastes AMAZING! Even meat-lovers loved it :D.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups textured soy protein (boiled soy meat)
- 1⁄2 medium brown onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 ounces lawry's chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Boil 1 1/4 cup dehydrated textured soy protein in 6 cups of water, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sautee onion and Boiled soy meat in 2 tablespoons oil, in medium sauce pan, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add Lawry's chili powder,tomato sauce, and water, stir well.
- Add mustard, brown sugar,garlic powder,paprika, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 2-4 minutes stirring occasionally.