Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert)
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 2 cups coconut milk (in carton, not canned) or 2 cups almond milk
- 10 -15 saffron strands
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 -4 tablespoons liquid sweetener, of your choice such as coconut nectar, agave, raw honey and maple syrup
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons raw almonds, soaked for 8-12 hours
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional) or 1 tablespoon currants (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- Heat 2 Tbsp of coconut milk and soak saffron strands. Leave it for a while.
- In a bowl, add the remaining milk, chia seeds, liquid sweetener, cardamom, and the saffron and milk mixture.
- Stir well and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4-6 hours.
- Take the pudding out from the refrigerator and stir well to get rid of the lumps. Transfer to individual dishes.
- Chop nuts and place them on top of the pudding along with raisins or currants. Sprinkle coconut flakes.
- Infuse love and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!