Vegan Chai Coconut Cake Recipe
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chai tea
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked quick oatmeal (Not instant)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, 2 tbsp Reserved
- 1. Prepare the Chai ahead of time by steeping two teabags in one cup of boiling water until cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 8-inch square baking pan.
- 3. Combine the dry ingredients (oatmeal through sugar) in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- 4. Add the Chai, applesauce, vinegar, vanilla, syrup, pecans and all but the 2 tablespoons of coconut.
- 5. Mix well, and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the reserved coconut and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!