Vegan Brown Sauce (Gravy)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil at medium intensity and cook onion until it's transparent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add bay leaf and cook 1 extra minute.
- Combien all ingredients, cornstartch at last, in saucepan and mix using a whisk.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Lower heat and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and filter sauce through a sieve.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!