Vegan Brown Rice Pudding
A simple, tasty brown rice pudding for the everyday vegan found on: http://www.veganchef.com/ricepudding.htm
- Ready In:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 1 1⁄4 cups non-dairy milk substitute
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice syrup or 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, place the water, and bring to a boil. Add the rice, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 35 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, and continue to cook the mixture over low heat until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and place the pudding in the refrigerator to chill.
- Top individual servings with a little additional cinnamon before serving, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The person who made this recipe did not know how to cook brown rice, for it always needs 3 Cups of water. Also, to make it creamy, one needs to add a creamy milk substitute such as coconut cream in a can. Also, I added 1 and 1/4 tsp. of vanilla. I am a bit lazy for spices and added pumpkin spice to taste. I am pure vegan because of health issues and have found sometimes you have to change it up.Reply
see 7 more