Vegan Bangers and Low Carb Mash! (Bangers & Mash)
photo by SugarHATER
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup of frozen onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 5 vegan sausage links (Morningstar Farms, Lightlife or Acorn are good brands)
- 1 cup mashed cauliflower and broccoli
- Preheat oven to 350 and cook sausages in there until crispy (about 20 minutes).
- While sausages are cooking, on the stove top, take the onions, garlic and saute in a non-stick pan. If onions are frozen -- you shouldn't need to use oil because as the onions melt -- the water will lubricate the pan. (calorie saver!) When they start to stick, start to gradually add in the veggie stock. Reduce heat and simmer.
- While those 2 things are working, scoop the mashed cauliflower-broccoli on to the plate.
- When sausages are done, put them on the plate with the mashed cauliflower-broccoli.
- Add a squirt of brown sauce into the onion mixture (less than a teaspoon) and mix one last time before pouring this onion gravy over the "mashed cauliflower-broccoli".
- Serve hot. Yum!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!