MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- 1⁄2 rack of veal
- 5 quarts milk
- 1 lb onion, diced fine
- 10 ounces clarified butter
- to taste flour
- 2 ounces prosciutto ham
- 2 ounces mushrooms
- to taste madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons truffles
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig parsley
- Trim excess fat from 1/2 veal short loin with bone. Salt and pepper rack of veal and roast at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove the eye of veal from the rack, saving the rack bones intact.
- While the veal is cooking, bring 1/2 quart of milk to boil. Saute 1 pound of onion, diced fine, in 6 ounces clarified butter. When onions are translucent (cooked until very soft) add enough flour to absorb all butter.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, taking care not to burn or color flour.
- Add hot milk to onion flour mix and whip until thick.
- Slice 1/2 pound of Prosciutto ham in small julienne slices 2-inches long.
- Dice 1 pound mushrooms very fine. Saute mushrooms in 4 ounce clarified butter. When cooked, drain excess liquid.
- Add julienne of Prosciutto to mushrooms and cook briefly.
- Add Madeira wine and chopped truffles. Add mushrooms, ham, truffle mix to the onion and milk sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- If mix is too loose, tighten with crushed Ritz crackers.
- Place empty rack (bones) on platter. Put a generous amount of stuffing on bottom of rack.
- Slice the eye of veal in 6 to 8 slices.
- Place the slices, one at a time on top of stuffing. Between each slice put stuffing and shingle the slices of veal. When complete, add more stuffing on top and sides.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and chopped truffles on top, and bake in a 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes, or until stuffing is bubbling.
- Serve with Perigodine sauce, which is a standard brown sauce with Madeira wine and truffles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note