I made this with ground beef and fresh garden tomatoes. I also had some homemade tomato sauce I added garden grown parsley and oregano. I didn't have ricotta cheese, but I prefer cottage cheese anyway. Tasty stuff. Recipe courtesy of McCall's Casserole Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups cubed cooked veal
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle (half a package)
- 3⁄4 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- In medium saucepan, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat, and simmer covered for 30 minutes stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes. Add veal.
- Cook lasagna as package label directs. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Pour in just enough sauce to cover bottom of baking dish. Place half of lasagna in sauce and cover with a little more sauce. Layer half of the ricotta, Parmesan, and Mozzarella.
- Repeat with rest of ingredients. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.