Veal Cutlets With Creamy Semolina and Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 2 veal rib eye steaks
- olive oil, for brushing
- sea salt
- black pepper, cracked
- 20 g butter
- 200 g small swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 60 ml port wine
- 125 ml beef stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 40 g semolina
- 50 g Fontina cheese
- 60 ml single cream (pouring)
- Brush veal with olive oil and season on both sides.
- Cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked until your liking (We like medium rare, so did 3 each side).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add butter and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add port, bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, sugar and vinegar and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Place the milk in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Gradually whisk in semolina until thickened. Remove from heat, add the cheese and cream and stir to combine.
- Place semolina mixture on each plate and top with veal and mushroom sauce to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Contented folk from a small city who love each other more than the food they eat - but love tempting each other with different finds from food sites/magazines/stories and the like.</p> 8726073"