Veal Chops With Avocado
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 4 loin veal chops, each cut about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 ripe avocado (I prefer the small black Haas avocado)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slash fat on edge of chops, being careful not to cut into the meat. In a 10-inch skillet with ovensafe handles, cook mushrooms and onions in hot butter over medium heat until tender, 5-10 minutes.
- Arrange chops in skillet. Add sherry, salt and hot pepper sauce; heat to boiling. Cover and bake 1 hour or until meat is fork-tender.
- Cut avocado in half; remove seed and skin. Slice avocado and arrange over chops. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes for until avocado is heated through. Place chops on a warm platter.
- Blend cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cream until smooth; stir in remaining cream. Gradually stir into hot liquid in skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened. Stir in dill. Serve chops immediately with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is totally delicious!! We loved, loved and loved this one. I did have to make this with scallops of veal as I couldn't get loin chops but either way I think this is just a super recipe. It uses ingredients that we love and they all come together beautifully. Then only change I made was to add some crushed garlic to the onions and mushrooms while cooking but that was just our preference. I loved the creamy sauce with veal and topped with avocado it was just heavenly. A definite winner for us TasteTester.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Our family moved to Florida from New York in the 90's, so I've brought not only many of the recipes my family has passed down, but have learned to cook some great Southern dishes as well.? When I found RZ, it opened up a whole new world of cooking -- cuisine from different countries, tried-and-true family hand-me-down recipes, and some interesting and delicious dishes I would never have found on my own.