Veal Chops in Cognac Cream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is so tasty, serve it with simple side dishes, like rice, or salads with simple vinaigrettes. This is always great for a dinner party
- Ready In:
- 6 (6 ounce) veal chops
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Sprinkle veal chops with salt and pepper; dredge chops in 1/2 cup flour.
- Heat oil in lg. skillet over medium-high heat. Brown veal chops 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Cover and cook 3 to 5 more minutes or until chops are done.Remove chops from skillet, and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onion to skillet, and saute 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add 1 tablespoon flour, stirring constantly. Gradually add 1/2 cup half and half, bring mixture to a boil. Stir in cognac. Combine egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup half and half; gradually add to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Spoon over veal chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION