MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious, tender meat dish from the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 slices veal (thinly sliced leg of veal)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon dripping
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cream
- Cut veal into 3 x 4" strips.
- Combine bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread veal with bread crumb mixture, roll and fasten with toothpicks.
- Melt butter or drippings in a skillet, add meat and brown on all sides.
- Place in a casserole.
- Add water to the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping the brown bits from the bottom.
- Pour over meat and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Mix flour with cream and pour over meat; continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks prior to serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION