Veal Asparagus Bundles
- Ready In:
- 1 lb veal, scalloppine about 4 large pieces
- 4 asparagus spears, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh ground pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or 4 serrano ham
- 24 small sage leaves
- Arrange 1 slice of veal on a clean work surface. With long side facing you (the piece sitting horizontally), arrange an asparagus spear in the bottom third, closest to you.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the Asiago cheese and sprinkle with one-quarter of the pepper. Roll up. Wrap a piece of prosciutto to fit over the veal arranging 6 small sage leaves in between the prosciutto and veal, secure with 6 toothpicks at regular intervals.
- Repeat process with remaining pieces of veal and ingredients. Heat grill to medium; grill, turning, until grill marks are on all sides and veal is cooked and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Slice each roll into 6 pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.