Variations on a Lemonade
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
6-8 cups lemonade
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed (from about 12 lemons)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 cups water, divided
- lemon slice, to garnish
- 2 (6 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ginger ale
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh strawberries, stemmed and pureed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 inches fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 (12 ounce) cans club soda
- Place lemon juice, sugar, and 1 cup water in a large pitcher.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, then add 5 more cups water, a few slices of lemon to garnish, and plenty of ice.
- Before you sip, try any of the variations.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made a half batch of the classic and it was too watery and not sweet enough for my taste. I had planned on making it into the tropical version anyway so added half of each of those ingredients as well (but only had 5.5 oz apricot nectar, not 6oz). Still not sweet enough so added another 1/4 cup sugar and quite enjoyed it at that point. Thanks for sharing!