Vanilla Sour Cream Cupcakes (Small Batch)
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line either a 6-cup silicone or metal pan with paper liners.
- In small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually beat in half of the dry ingredients, then half of the sour cream. Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients and sour cream.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 6 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly tapped.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out cupcakes and cool completely on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Aye-aie-aie! HELLO SALTY CUPCAKES. I do believe in order for this recipe to really turn out a good cupcake, the salt measurement needs to be reduced to AT LEAST 1/2 TSPN, if not 1/4TSPN. FAR TOO SALTY the way it is. Otherwise, the idea of a small batch of cupcakes is a good one...for those days when you don't want to make 12-24 and have half of them sitting around! :-)