- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh water
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons vodka
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Place both the seeds and the pod in a saucepan along with the sugar, salt, water, milk, lemon juice and zest. Add only as much juice and zest as how lemon-y you want it to taste. I use the juice of 1.5 lemons and zest of one.
- Heat the mixture until the sugar dissolves and it just begins to boil, about 7 minutes.
- Add the 3 teaspoons of vodka and chill the mixture in the freezer until it just starts to freeze.
- Beat the cream to soft peaks. While beating, slowly drizzle in all of the milk syrup mixture.
- Churn in an ice cream maker until done, 35 minutes. Freeze overnight in the canister with plastic wrap pressed directly on the surface of the sherbet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Engineering Physics Student