Vanilla Poached Apricots
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These were a hit.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 small vanilla beans or 1/2 large vanilla bean
- 1 lb fresh ripe but not mushy apricot, halved and pitted
- In a medium saucepan, stir sugar into water and wine.
- Slit vanilla bean open along the side and spread it apart exposing the tiny dot-like seeds.
- Cut the vanilla bean crosswise into several pieces and place them in the pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add apricots; shake them to settle them into liquid.
- Heat just until mixture begins to boil.
- Apricots should be tender but not falling apart.
- Cook slightly longer if fruit is still firm.
- Using a slotted spoon, gently remove apricots, leaving liquid in pan.
- With cover off, reduce poaching liquid to about 1/2 cup.
- Remove and discard vanilla bean pieces.
- Pour concentrated syrup over apricots.
- Cool; chill if time permits before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note