Vanilla Liqueur or Cordial
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You'll enjoy sipping this cordial with coffee. From an old newspaper clipping. If you cannot find vanilla beans, substitute 1/2 cup real vanilla extract. Setting time not included in preparation time.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 quart light rum
- Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan; bring to boiling and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add rum and pour into bottles with tight-fitting covers.
- Let stand for at least two weeks before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION