Vanilla Cheesecake With Chocolate Glaze
- Ready In:
1 9-inch cheesecake
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 11 crackers)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lenghtwise
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In a small saucepan, melt 5 tablespoons butter. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in melted butter until crumbs are moist. Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan; press firmly, forming a 1/2-inch crust up sides of pan. Bake until set, 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Reduce temperature to 275°F In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add remaining cup sugar. Scrape in vanilla seeds; reserve pod for another use. Beat until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle in eggs, one at a time, stopping occasionally to scrape down bowl, Beat in sour cream and salt, Pour batter into crust.
- Bake cheesecake until sides have set but center appears soft, about 1 hour 45 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool. Run a paring knife around the ourside of crust, loosening it from pan. When cool, cover tightly with plastic; let set at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve place chocolate, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and cream in top of double boiler, or a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, Srir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Pour chocolate glaze over cheesecake; spread into a circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Chill just until chocolate has set, about 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.