Vanilla Cheesecake With Cherry Topping
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons water
- nonstick cooking spray
- 24 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces light cream cheese, 1/3 less fat, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2⁄3 cup red wine, sweet, such as tawny port
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 20 ounces frozen pitted tart cherries, sweet not tart
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- To prepare crust combine first 3 ingredients, tossing with a fork. Add 2 teaspoons water, toss with a fork until moist and crumbly. Gently press mixture into bottom and 1½ inches up sides of a 9 spring form pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- To prepare filling, beat cheeses with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add to cheese mixture, beat well, Add sour cream; beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Scrape seeds from vanilla beans, stir seeds into cheese mixture, reserving bean halves.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan, bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven, run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- To prepare topping, combine port, ½ cup sugar cherries, and reserved vanilla bean halves in a large saucepan, bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until cherries are thawed and mixture is syrupy. Remove vanilla bean halves, discard.
- Combine juice, cornstarch: and 4 teaspoons water, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Stir cornstarch mixture into cherry mixture, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and shiny. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill. Serve over cheesecake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note