Vanilla Buttermilk Pound Cakes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 13 1⁄2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups low-fat buttermilk
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt); stir with a whisk. Place sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into 2 (8" x 4") loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50 - 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">