Valkmiki's Eggless Aka Tofu Scramble
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Serve with Yuba Bacon (Recipe #198717) and whole grain toast From the book called Kathy Cooks. The recipe was her son's favorite.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetarian bacon bits, soy protein
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafoetida powder, also called Hing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 cups chinese tofu, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup diced bell pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Note stores will sell flavored tofu such as chinese.
- Combine all ingredients in heated skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly while mashing the mixture with back of spatula until tofu is hot and yeast has melted.
- Chives and Bacon bits are also optional.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION