Valentino Chicken Wings
photo by Chef Sarita in Aust
- Ready In:
- 15 chicken wings (cut at the joint and the wing tip discarded)
- 1 cup valentino hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups flour
- oil (for frying, between 1 1/2-2 1/2 cups)
- Heat the oil on medium high in a large frying pan (add enough oil to go up to almost half way the frying pan).
- Mix the honey and Valentino hot sauce together in a bowl. In another bowl mix the flour, garlic salt and pepper. Taste the flour to make sure that you have added enough garlic salt, if not add more.
- One at a time, dip the chicken wings in the Valentino/honey mix then in the flour mix, set aside. Finish covering the rest of the chicken wings and place in the hot oil. Cover and RAISE the heat to almost high for about 2 mins then return to medium high. The reason for this is because when cold meat is placed in hot oil, the temperature drops a little and tends to absorb into the meat instead of frying it.
- Fry on each side for about 10-12 mins or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in Honduras, Central America. I came to the states when I was about 2 yrs old and now currently have a full time job in the medical field. I have a family of 100+ relatives also living in Austin and we all share a passion for good food. I am known for the foods that I prepare for my dinner parties and special occassion gatherings. Weekends at my house are packed with family and friends because we usually have the grill going. I also have a knack for baking. I have been told by several people that I should open my own bakery or restaurant...which I am seriously considering in the near future. I absolutley love to cook and this is why Zaar is a heaven sent! I like to take other peoples feeings into consideration when rating recipes so my rating system reflects that. I do not rate below a 3 just for the simple fact that everyones taste is different and what might taste magnificant to some, might not be too great for others. I always give everything a second try unless I absolutley hate it (then I take a second look at the recipe and find out what attracted me to this recipe and how can I alter it a bit to my taste). I usually spend my free time brainbstorming recipes and creating them with my beautiful daughters (pictured above)!