photo by Mandy
- Ready In:
- 1 cup medium grain white rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 30 g margarine (melted) or 30 g oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, extra
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 2 peeled oranges, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons sweet sherry
- cream or low-fat plain yogurt, to serve
- Boil rice in water until water has been absorbed (about 15 mins). Add orange juice, 1 1/2 cups water & margarine or oil. Bring to boil then simmer until rice is tender (about 25 mins).
- Stir in honey, extra orange juice & rind, spoon into serving dish, top with a ring of orange slices, heat marmalade with sherry & spoon over orange slices.
- Serve with cream or low fat yogurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Melbourne I live on a 5 acre property in the Dandenong Ranges Victoria, Australia, having moved from the burbs when I became pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter Alyssa. Once my daughter was born I became a stay at home mum as I couldn't bear the thought of putting her in daycare. She is the light of my life, I never imagined myself as a mum when younger but now wouldn't have it any other way. Alyssa was made a big sister on the 19th April 2010 when our cheeky little boy Blake was born. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes so quickly become addicted to Zaar as it was previously known & still use it regularly. In addition to being my kids taxi :lol: I also spend my time, reading, gardening and of course shopping. I'm lucky enough that we have the space & so love growing our own fruits, vegies & herbs, this also means we have plenty of room for animals & at the moment have 2 dogs, Max, a Jackshund who's 6, Fletcher, a Kelpie who's 4, 6 cats Snowpea, Fergus, Ginger, Tango, Annie & Cookie, 4 chooks & 2 Ducks. As well as our pets, we also have a lot of native animals around our area, we have kangaroos, wombats, echidna's, possums as well as rosella's, galah's & Cockatoo's hence the name of where I live..