V-8 Juicy Smoothie
I created this recipe so I could have a quick, healthy breakfast on my way to work. Before long I couldn't keep the ingredients in the house because my teen boys were having one or more each day. And my daughter wanted a smoothie maker so she could make them at college. How could I complain?
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup V8 Splash Berry Blend
- 1 banana, broken in pieces
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries (4-6 large)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1 -2 dash cinnamon
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute, if desired
- Combine ingredients in blender or smoothie maker. Blend to desired consistency. Adjust sweetness. Enjoy!
- For peach smoothie, substitute Peach Mango V-8 Splash, 1 1/4 cup frozen, unsweetened peaches, 1 dash cinnamon, 1 dash ginger, and 1 dash nutmeg.
- For pina colada smoothie, substitute orange pineapple juice, 1 cup frozen, unsweetened pineapple, 1/4 cup coconut, and omit the spices.
- You can freeze the juice in ice cube trays; use 2-4 juice cubes. If fruit and juice is frozen, you might need to let ingredients thaw slightly so they will blend.